Terms and Conditions
TERMS, CONDITIONS & LICENSE AGREEMENT
As a user of www.securityguardcourse.ca (SGC), I agree to be bound by the following:
- COURSE INFORMATION AND FEES
- www.securityguardcourse.ca is owned and operated by Security Guard Course Inc.
- SGC’s relevant hosted courses and their content are in compliance with and accredited according to the Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General and the Private Security and Investigative Services Act, the Minister of Justice and Solicitor General of Alberta and its relevant syllabus guidelines.
- Upon submitting this form and payment, your course will commence and the student must log the prescribed online study time in entirety in order to meet the relevant course requirements.
- First Aid Training (Ontario only): Emergency Level First Aid is sold separately. Prior to being eligible for a TCN (Training Completion Number), a copy of a valid Emergency Level First Aid & CPR Certificate or higher must be submitted to SGC by email. SGC maintains the right to accept or reject submissions based upon Ministry of the Solicitor General requirements.
- There is no minimum age requirement for course enrollment.
- Students are advised that their course access will expire 1 year from the date of purchase.
- If a student requires access past the expiration date an administration charge of $49.00 will be assessed for an Ontario Security Guard course.
- If a student requires access past the expiration date an administration charge of $99.00 will be assessed for an Ontario Private Investigator course. If a student requires access past the expiration date an administration charge of $145.00 will be assessed for an Ontario Dual course (this does not include Emergency First Aid). This payment must be received by SGC before course access is reinstated for another 1 year period. After that the same expiration period and administrative charge for reinstatement applies and repeats.
- If a student requires access past the expiration date an administration charge of $49.00 will be assessed for an Alberta Basic Security Training (ABST) course.
- REFUND POLICIES
Security Guard Course Inc. shall not refund any monies paid that were for the purpose of course payment and/or administration fees and/or material costs.
Security Guard Course Inc. is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of students’ personal information as per relevant legislation (PIPA and PIPEDA).
- USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- This Agreement contains the complete and entire understanding and agreement between you, the Student, and Security Guard Course Inc. and supersedes any previous communications, representations, or agreements, verbal or written, related to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may not be modified or amended orally, implicitly, or in any manner not set forth in writing or permitted by this Agreement.
- PROHIBITED ACTS
- Except as authorized in this Agreement, no copies of this training material or any portions thereof may be made by you or any person under your authority or control.. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense, transfer, pledge, lease, rent, lend, or otherwise dispose of the content, or any part thereof, or share your rights under this License Agreement, including passwords and user names., and/or registered students, if you are a registered security agency and/or registered business. You agree that you will not disassemble, decompile, convert to another programming language, or otherwise translate the content, and that you will not rent, lease, or lend the content, or any component of it. You agree that you will not alter, publish, copy, cut, modify or transform the content, or any component of it, in any form to any storage medium, known or unknown, for any purpose whatsoever, except as authorized. You will be held legally responsible for any trademark or copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the terms of this License Agreement. Licensor reserves the right to deny access to any person and/or to terminate this license for any reason if Licensor reasonably believes that is not being used for its intended purpose, or for any other reason in the sole discretion of Licensor.
- Licensor’s Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the content is a proprietary product of the Licensor, protected under the copyright law. You further acknowledge and agree that all rights, title, and interest in and to the content, including associated intellectual property rights, are and shall remain with the Licensor.
You expressly agree that this License Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario. This Agreement is entered into in this jurisdiction and not any other jurisdiction.
*Please note that our Terms and Conditions are subject to periodic updates without notice.