If you are looking to work in a licensed premises as bar security, nightclub security or a doorman or are the manager or owner of a licensed premises then this course is a must.
Did you know?
- The term “bouncer” is sourced within the Ontario Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005 but does not define what it means.
- The largest area of civil litigation in Ontario stems from alcohol related incidents.
- Security staff within licensed premises have a legal responsibility while working to maintain the integrity of the liquor license for the establishment where they work.
- There is no legislated requirement for “Use of Force” training for security guards in Ontario, AND employers are responsible for their staff having the appropriate training.
Why take this course?
- Anyone working in a licensed premises needs to understand the intersection and application of the:
- L.L.C.A. (Liquor License and Control Act, 2019)
- T.P.A. (Trespass to Property Act, R.S.O. 1990)
- P.S.I.S.A. (Private Security and Investigative Services Act, 2005)
- Use of Force (within the LLCA, Criminal Code and TPA)
- This course fills a large gap between information covered in the Ontario security guard syllabus and Smartserve.
- Reduce your personal liability and business liability by educating and training your team.
- Increase the safety of your staff and customers.
Is this certificate/accreditation recognized in Ontario?
Our instructors are official Vendors of Record for the Ontario government to train Provincial Offences Officers and any agency who is funded or partially funded by the government. Lesson plans and materials are vetted and approved by each Ministry based on its needs.
Credibility and due diligence is the cornerstone for any training accreditation, not who does or does not “recognize” the certificate. An employer can choose to recognize one training provider and not another, it is their choice.
Will I get a certificate once I complete the course?
Yes, once you successfully complete and submit all of your assignments and the online quizzes, you will receive a certificate suitable for framing.
Is this course online?
Yes, you will have 4 weeks to complete this online course. We suggest 20 hours of study.
- Lectures 22
- Quizzes 5
- Duration 20
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Self
Ontario Bar Security (Bouncer) Specialty Training Course Overview
Roles and responsibilities of Bar Security
Criminal law and licensed premises
Introduction to Trespass to Property Act of Ontario
Liquor License and Control Act 2019 - introduction and revisions since 1990
Arrest for Intoxication, Ejection by Force, how to safely cut off service and Risk Management
Tactical security operations of a safe bar
Liquor Liability Cases