We are often asked how to book the Alberta Security License Exam as there are a few steps. Of course make sure you have already purchased the Alberta Security Guard Course first! Below is a simple guide to our process:
ABST Exam Booking Procedure
● Complete the required 40 hours of online study.
● The timer must reflect a minimum of 40 hours logged time. You can log more than 40 hours if you wish.
● Notify us by email firstname.lastname@example.org that you have completed the 40 hours and include this information:
○ FIRST NAME:
○ MIDDLE NAME(S):
○ LAST NAME:
○ DOB: YEAR/MONTH/DAY:
○ FULL STREET ADDRESS:
○ POSTAL CODE:
● We will email you your Certificate of Completion and a list of local exam proctors.
● You will contact these proctors and arrange an exam date.
● You will email us which proctor you have set your exam with and the date/time of the exam.
● ***THIS EMAIL TO US MUST BE 5 BUSINESS DAYS(MON-FRI) PRIOR TO THE EXAM DATE.***
● We will notify Alberta Justice, the Proctor and you that your exam booking is approved.
● Attend your exam. We will email you your result within 7 days.
Exam Booking Cancellation Policy
1. In order to cancel a scheduled exam, the student must contact us by email ( email@example.com ) and provide notice. Telephone, voicemail or text messaging notice do not qualify.
2. If the emailed cancellation notice by student is received less than 48 hours prior to the scheduled exam, a $25.00 administrative charge will be billed to the student. This fee must be paid by the student prior to us rebooking an exam.
3. To re-book an exam, the student must repeat Steps 3 – 5 outlined above in the ABST exam booking procedure.