3 Easy Steps to your Ontario Security License
Okay, you have decided to become a licensed Ontario Security Guard – Awesome! There are lots of jobs and schedules to suit your needs. But first let’s get you licensed.
Complete the 40hr Basic Training Course. This has two parts: 33.5 hours of online course study plus a 1-day classroom based First Aid & CPR Training. Sign up here.
Register for your official Ministry Exam here.
Download the application for your Security Guard License here.
Here are a couple more tips to help you through the security guard training process:
- Our online security guard training course is “go at your own pace”, meaning that there is no cut-off date for completion. You let us know when you are ready even if you need to access the course modules after you have spent the required 33.5 hours.
- We work with a national First Aid provider so we can book your 1 day class almost anywhere in Ontario. You can find their schedule here.
- We provide a comprehensive Practice Test of multiple choice questions once you sign up to ensure you are totally prepared for the Ministry Exam.
- Your Ministry Exam is written in person at your local Serco Drive Test Centre / Service Ontario. It is a 60 question, multiple choice test.
- Once your Security Guard application has been completed and uploaded to Service Ontario and approved, you will first be emailed a “digital license” within 10 days that you can print and work with legally. The actual license follows in the mail.
We hope that our 3 easy steps to your Ontario Security Guard License has simplified the process for you and will help you understand what is necessary. Best of luck in your Security Guard career!