As a user of www.securityguardcourse.ca (SGC), I agree to be bound by the following:
- COURSE INFORMATION AND FEES
- Let it be known that www.securityguardcourse.ca is owned and operated by Security Guard Course Inc. as per the Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General’s guidelines regarding basic training offered by licensed agencies.
- Course Identification: 50 Hour Private Investigator Training; 40 Hour Security Guard Training/33.5 Hour Security Guard Training; 90 Hour Security Guard & Private Investigator Training (also known as the “Dual” Course). The Courses and its contents are according to the Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General and the Private Security and Investigative Services Act and relevant syllabus guidelines.
- Date of Commencement and Completion: Upon submitting this form and payment, your course will commence immediately and the student must log the prescribed online study time in entirety in order to be issued a Training Completion Number (TCN).
- Qualification: Notice to SERCO Canada Inc.(authorized training provider of the Ontario Ministry of the Solicitor General) of course completion by Security Guard Course Inc. Notice to students via training completion number by SERCO.
- Organization Conferring Qualification: SERCO Canada Inc.
- Payment of Course Fees, Deposit and Additional Fees: All course fees must be paid in full to Security Guard Course Inc.
- First Aid Training: The student understands and agrees that the Emergency Level First Aid portion of a course may not be included in a course unless otherwise noted. The Student further understands that prior to being eligible for Qualification, proof of the Emergency Level First Aid Training course or equivalent completion must be submitted to SGC by email.
- Student Standard Requirements: Students enrolling in any course sold here understands that there is no age requirement for course enrollment, however students must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible for the Ministry exam, and must possess a clean criminal record for Security Guard License and Private Investigator License Applications.
- Students are advised that their course access will expire 2 years from the date of purchase.
- If a student requires access past the expiration date an administration charge of $49.00 will be assessed for an individual Security Guard or Private Investigator Course. A $99.00 administration charge will be levied for the Dual Program. This payment must be received by SGC before course access is reinstated for another 2 year period. After that the same expiration period and administrative charge for reinstatement applies and repeats.
- REFUND POLICIES
Security Guard Course Inc. shall not refund any monies paid that were for the purpose of course payment and/or administration fees and/or material costs.
Security Guard Course Inc. is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of student personal information and undertakes not to divulge any student personal information to any third party without the prior written consent of the Student. Security Guard Course Inc. is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of its affiliates and/or associates and therefore will not release to any person any information relating to its affiliates and/or associates and/or any information relating to the relationship between Security Guard Course Inc. and its affiliates and/or associates, regardless of the nature.
Security Guard Course Inc. disclaims any and all warranties whether expressed or implied, that a satisfactory passing grade will be achieved on the Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services exam as a result of the enrollment in our Training Courses.
- USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
- This Agreement contains the complete and entire understanding and agreement between you, the Student, and Security Guard Course Inc. and supersedes any previous communications, representations, or agreements, verbal or written, related to the subject matter of this Agreement. This Agreement may not be modified or amended orally, implicitly, or in any manner not set forth in writing or permitted by this Agreement.
- License Grant:
READ THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE ACCESSING OR USING THE CONTENT. THE CONTENT IS COPYRIGHTED AND LICENSED. BY PURCHASING AND USING THE CONTENT YOU ARE ACCEPTING AND AGREEING TO THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS LICENSE AGREEMENT, YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO PURCHASE OR USE THE CONTENT. Licensor hereby grants to you, and you accept, a nonexclusive, non-transferable license to use the content only as authorized in this License Agreement.
- PROHIBITED ACTS
- Except as authorized in this Agreement, no copies of this training material or any portions thereof may be made by you or any person under your authority or control.. You agree that you will not assign, sublicense, transfer, pledge, lease, rent, lend, or otherwise dispose of the content, or any part thereof, or share your rights under this License Agreement, including passwords and user names., and/or registered students, if you are a registered security agency and/or registered business. You agree that you will not disassemble, decompile, convert to another programming language, or otherwise translate the content, and that you will not rent, lease, or lend the content, or any component of it. You agree that you will not alter, publish, copy, cut, modify or transform the content, or any component of it, in any form to any storage medium, known or unknown, for any purpose whatsoever, except as authorized. You will be held legally responsible for any trademark or copyright infringement that is caused or encouraged by your failure to abide by the terms of this License Agreement. Licensor reserves the right to deny access to any person and/or to terminate this license for any reason if Licensor reasonably believes that is not being used for its intended purpose, or for any other reason in the sole discretion of Licensor.
- Licensor’s Rights
You acknowledge and agree that the content is a proprietary product of the Licensor, protected under the copyright law. You further acknowledge and agree that all rights, title, and interest in and to the content, including associated intellectual property rights, are and shall remain with the Licensor.
- No Warranty
THE CONTENT IS LICENSED “AS IS,” AND LICENSOR DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT ABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
- Limitation of Liability
In no event shall Licensor be liable for any indirect, incidental, consequential, special, or exemplary damages or lost profits, even if Licensor has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
- No Guarantee of Correctness – No Legal Advice – No Medical Advice: The content has been prepared and/or obtained for general information and entertainment purposes only and is not intended to provide legal, medical, tax, or professional advice. You acknowledge that Licensor, its owners, partners, employees, officers, directors, attorneys, and agents do not promise or guarantee that the content is correct, complete, or up-to-date. There is no guarantee that the content is correct, complete, or up-to-date for any specific circumstance.
- Information Collected
Information may be collected if you provide it, such as your email address. Any information that is collected is not shared with other persons and/or parties.
- Governing Law
You expressly agree that this License Agreement shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Province of Ontario. This Agreement is entered into in this jurisdiction and not any other jurisdiction.