Website Delta Security & Safety Services
Loss Prevention, Security, Results.
As a Loss Prevention Investigator, you will represent our asset protection team by actively preventing theft, maintaining the safety of employees, and conducting investigations. You will make apprehensions following our 5-step guideline, and work closely with police services. Flexible work schedules, including full time or part time options are available for this position.
Compensation for this position is dependent on experience. Entry level positions are available for exceptional candidates with prior security experience, or any candidate with current or recent education in a field related to criminal justice or police foundations at an accredited post secondary institution.
Duties│ Responsibilities │Requirements:
- Detect shoplifters using a combination of CCTV surveillance, and plain-clothes loss prevention
- Conduct apprehensions; must have thorough understanding of Section 494 of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Provide general security for retail clients as required, and enforce site-specific health and safety policies
- Be comfortable with high-conflict situations, and strong at tactical communication and de-escalation techniques
- Prepare detailed reports for Ottawa Police Services as required
- Ability to work nights and weekends appropriately to retail business needs is an asset
- Must be able to stand / walk sales floor for up to 8 hours at a time
- Strong attendance, and independence is an essential function of the job
- Excellent communication, written and verbal
- Must have a valid Ontario Security Guard license, and First Aid/CPR certificate
- Must be able to communicate with all levels of staff and management with exceptional levels of professionalism
- Ability to evaluate circumstances and make timely decisions based on our apprehension guidelines
- General operating knowledge of retail CCTV systems
- High levels of judgement, decision making skills, and common sense
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual
Compensation: $14.00 to $18.00, hourly
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com