RECERTIFICATION: Use of Force Training and Handcuffing
Has your Use of Force and Handcuffing Certificate expired?
Many don’t realize that Canadian Courts recommend recertification every 12 months.
This ONLINE refresher course is for people who have previously taken a “certification” or other core level/fundamental competency course in Use of Force and/or Handcuffing.
It is intended to bring you up to date on court acceptable methods and tactics as well as a full review of the academics surrounding arrest, use of force, post arrest prisoner care and search and seizure within the context of the duties and authorities of a Security Guard in Canada.
This is a NEW course with new videos and content.
* You will be asked to provide the name of your previous Instructor or Training Company upon first login to the course.
This program meets the Canadian General Standards Board requirements under CAN/CGSB -133.1 -2017. Our Instructor is an approved provider of C.G.S.B. training for security guards to Federal ISO 9001 standards.
Why take this course?
- Mandatory requirement for refresher training every 12 months to maintain currency for due diligence.
- Maintain currency with court acceptable techniques that are “witness/social media” friendly.
- Maintain currency with recent case law decisions and Coroner’s Inquest findings on the use of force, handcuffing and restraint.
- You will have access for consultation to a Court Recognized Subject Matter Expert in this field.
- Lectures 8
- Quizzes 2
- Duration 8 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 7
- Assessments Yes
All Students Read First
Use of Force Introduction
Criminal Code Use of Force Sections
Use of Force and Incident Articulation
Proxemics and Disengagement Skills
Introduction to Passive Handcuffing
Active and Non-Compliant Handcuffing
Introduction to Passive Search
Use of Force Training Final Exam
Course Completion and Recertification